Not as easy as her Cloudy Lemonade but as delicious! From Nigella Lawson
Mint and Lime cool aid
- 8 limes (1 cup juice)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- bunch fresh mint, some sprigs reserved for pitcher later
- 5 cups water
- ice cubes.
Remove zest of 4 of the limes using a veg peeler or a zester and put this along with the sugar, mint, and 1 cup of the water into a saucepan. Bring this to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Let this mixture simmer in pan for 5 minutes after boil. Cool, strain into pitcher. Squeeze limes to make 1 cup plus 2 tbls of juice then add water and sugar mixture into pitcher. Add ice cubes and springs of mint.
Looks like I will have another messy kitchen today!
My daughter made this salad with some of the tomatoes – we stopped by Whole Foods for the cheese on the way home and other ingredients to round out dinner. We are having Chicken, Broccoli and Pasta from AllRecipes,com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 18 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and add chicken; cook until slightly brown. Add onion and garlic to cook for about 5 minutes or until garlic is golden and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, salt, pepper and oregano; stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain and add back into pot. Pour chicken sauce into pot and mix well.
- Add basil and toss well; top with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
I added chicken broth because it looked a little dry and I prefer more sauce in my chicken and broccoli. So far we are testing it straight out the pan and love it.